Friday, February 14, 2014

Classes, Jude Law, and Valentine's Day

Hey! So it's Rachael this time. We decided to wait until we had gotten through a full week of classes for the second post. So far we have gone to the grocery store like every other day... We like food. Tuesday was our first class. The History prof seems nice and I think it will help my understanding of the culture and all to get more background. We will be going on some visits to the Tower and other important historical landmarks. I'm looking forward to the mix of class time and walks around London. Then on Wednesday Katie and I had our British architecture class. I'm really excited about it and really like the prof. Katie is a bit more skeptical but it's good to have a balance so it all works out. Yesterday we had our Shakespeare and Theatre courses. I'm super excited about all of the plays we will be seeing between the two courses, but I'm not sure about both profs. I think the theatre prof is a nice gentleman and I'm hoping discussions in that class will be pretty lively and interesting. The Shakespeare teacher on the other hand... Let's just say I will grin and deal with it. She managed to insult me right off the bat and just isn't my kind of personality but I will trudge through and hope for a decent grade. Yea on that note we get an A- if we have 94.99 or below... not happy to say the least but oh well. The plays we get to see for the theatre course seem like a great variety and I like his class set up better so at least half of each Thursday should go well.
Also in more exciting news for the Shakespeare course we got tickets to go see Henry V last night in the West End. Jude Law played Henry and I thought he did an amazing job. I especially adored his version of the proposal scene at the end. I was dying of laughter. Some girls stuck around at the stage door to get his signature on their tickets but I was fairly exhausted after the performance and headed home with Katie and 2 other friends. Mom helped come up with the plan that we will creep on famous people and see where they eat out and such and bother them there so as to not have to wait out in the cold. Probably not a real thing that will happen but you never know... I enjoyed the performance anyway so it all works out.
Today as we all know is Valentine's Day... ugh. Not my favorite day as it just points out how thoroughly single I am but Katie, Megan, and I are getting pizza in tonight and hanging out. So as far as holidays go I could have worse plans and I would take these two beautiful ladies over trying to go out with a man I don't know well just to embrace the "romance" of the day. It's rainy and dreary so staying in and having girl time seems like a great plan to me.
Tomorrow we are off with the rest of the girls in the program to Bath for the weekend. We get to see the main sights and I'm looking forward to it. Next post Katie can let everyone know how the trip goes. As it is it's time for me to get off here and chat and maybe watch movies or something with my valentines! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment